Overnight Valet Attendant
Valet Parking Attendant
Metropolitan Healthcare Services, Inc. (MHS) is a joint commission accredited organization that provides support services to health systems across the nation. Our mission is to enrich the patient experience by providing superior services to every customer. Moreover, our vision is to be the national leader in providing diverse quality health care solutions to the communities we serve.
The Valet Parking Attendant is responsible for providing exceptional service to patients and visitors upon arrival and departure from the hospital. This position is responsible for parking and retrieving vehicles in a prompt and safe manner. The position reports to the Site Manager or designee.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with traffic regulations to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- Professional demeanor with all patients, visitors, co-workers and clients.
- Acknowledges, greets, and welcomes patients/ visitors, using appropriate protocols.
- Assists patients/visitors with loading and unloading belongings as needed.
- Responsibly and safely parks and retrieves guests’ vehicles.
- Before taking any vehicle, assesses and documents any vehicle damage.
- Records the location of the parking space as well as the number on the valet ticket.
- Explains parking rates and retrieval procedures to patients and visitors upon arrival.
- Immediately report any accidents to the manager on duty.
- Maintains strict confidentiality related to work information (in accordance with HIPAA).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualification and Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Required to have a valid driver’s license with no restrictions and present the most recent driving record.
- Knowledge of how to operate various types of passenger van motor vehicles.
- Must be able to work legally in the United States.
- Must pass background and drug screenings.
- Able to speak, read, and write English fluently. Spanish helpful.
- Required to meet immunization or health screening requirements.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to model the below behaviors to support our WE CARE values.
- Willingness to approach all situations with a helpful attitude.
- Excellence as service providers.
- Compassionate and caring for all individual needs.
- Anticipate the needs of our customers.
- Respect, accept and understand all we encounter.
- Enriching every experience, every time.