Crew Member - Cook
Flexible Schedule - Earn up to $18 per hr. due to our tip share program
Refer Friends for a $250 bonus
Benefits - Free Meal while working, Insurance package for Full Timers, GED/Education Asst., & vacation bonus after 1st year
Crew Members are responsible for providing our guests with an extraordinary experience by arriving to work as scheduled with clean and professional attire, performing their job safely, and preparing our food to the highest quality in a clean & professional environment.
• At least 16 years of age
• Food Handlers Certificate/Card – can be obtained online
At Burgerville, all employees are a critical part of the team that is committed to ensuring the Pacific Northwest is the healthiest region on the planet through our investments in food and our people.
We believe all employees come with a passion for working together to prepare and serve food that nourishes our body, mind, soul and planet while making a positive impact in our communities one bite at a time. Together we are building a regenerative business that is relevant in the marketplace, innovative in its approach and building profitability for growth and long-term viability.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic and its application.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills
required in working with guests and coworkers, including the ability to communicate effectively
and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Ability to suggest new products and maintain knowledge of all ingredients and flavor profiles,
- Ability to maintain punctual, regular and consistent attendance.
- Ability to communicate and conduct excellent interpersonal interactions with others in a team
environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and verbal instructions and request clarification
- Ability to meets operating standards, including providing quality beverages and food products
and adhering to food and safety standards.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to maintain attention to details.
- Ability to perform different tasks within the store during each shift.
- Ability to practice and utilize clear, consistent demonstration of Mission, Brand and Operating
- Principles in every interaction.
- Ability to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employees or others.
- The physical demands of this position are limited to those found in a normal restaurant environment and thus requires the wearing of non-slip shoes.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand, walk, lift/carry, use the hands to feel/handle/manipulate objects, talk, hear, reach above shoulder/outward, vision – close, peripheral, depth, color, ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to stoop, bend, squat, push, pull, twist, turn
- The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, kneel, crouch, crawl.
- The employee must routinely lift up to 35 pounds.
- The work environment is constrained to a standard, conditioned restaurant space.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, floor hazards, fluctuating temperatures, hot liquids and surfaces, chemicals, general public, cold (non-weather) from accessing the walk in freezer for short periods of time for organizing, putting away stock and pulling appropriate products.
- Work environment requires use of personal protective equipment including gloves.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate due to sounds such as beeping, headset use, guests and crew members talking, etc.