Regional Facilities Maintenance Technician
Era Living is seeking a Regional Facilities Maintenance Technician to become the newest member of our Home Office Maintenance team located in downtown Seattle, WA. Initially, this position will be assigned to our Ida Culver House Ravenna community located at 2315 NE 65th St. Seattle, WA. During the time period that this position is based at Ida Culver House Ravenna, the position requires a Tuesday through Saturday dayshift schedule with availability to respond to after hour calls.
Competitive Compensation and a Complete Benefits Package including:
- Company Sponsored Health Plan
- 401k with Generous Employer Match
- Vacation & Sick Leave
- Employee Discount Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Leadership & Longevity Bonuses
- The advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements!
**Eligibility contingent on meeting requirements of each benefit (hours worked, age, etc.)
The Regional Maintenance Technician will be responsible for routine and preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair at any of our eight Era Living Communities, assisting community maintenance staff in managing workload, filling in during vacations and staff shortages. Responsibilities will include routine plumbing, plastering, painting, lighting, electrical, carpentry, roofing, and mechanical maintenance of the facility, equipment and systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform skilled work in one or more of the following areas: electrical, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC&R, carpentry, finish work, etc.
- Complete routine and preventive maintenance and repair to keep buildings, equipment and systems in good working condition according to the preventative maintenance program and work orders.
- Diagnose and repair 110V and Low Voltage electrical, plumbing leaks, residential appliances
- Assist in training of Community Maintenance Technicians in proper use of equipment and tools and in preventative maintenance of above listed systems
- Ensure that work areas are clean, free of hazardous conditions and that all tools and supplies are properly stored.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possess technician-level knowledge and mechanical ability to perform routine and preventive maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment
- Knowledge of basic construction principles
- Ability to follow all OBRA and OSHA requirements ensuring personnel and resident safety at all times and to perform duties in compliance with established Universal Precautions, fire safety, infection control and sanitation procedures
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to pass DSHS and State background check, required
- Must comply with the Washington State COVID-19 vaccination requirement for healthcare workers
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or GED certificate, required
- Previous Maintenance experience, required
- Technician-level status as a trades worker, or completion of a recognized apprenticeship, or advanced technical training in one or more service/construction trades plus previous experience, preferred
- Commercial Kitchen/Laundry Equipment and Systems knowledge, and experience in project management and minor repairs a plus
About Era Living:
If you are passionate about improving the quality of life for older adults and exemplify a values based approach to your work, demonstrating integrity, credibility, consistency, strong team orientation, and outstanding communication, we welcome your application!
Era Living has been voted #4 Best Place to Work in Seattle 2017 (CityVoter’s) and Top 5 BEST Places to Work in 2014 & 2015 (King5 Best of Western Washington!).JB.0.00.LN