1710 W 6Th St, The Dalles, OR 97058
Updated 26 days ago
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
Greets and seats customers, receives payment and assists service personnel as needed to ensure customer satisfaction.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets and welcomes all customers immediately upon arrival and verifies number in their party. Determines special needs, e.g. high chairs, special menus.
- Collects payment from customers immediately, in accordance with established cash handling procedures, inquires about food/service satisfaction and handles customer complaints/suggestions appropriately.
- Seats customers at tables/booths appropriate for their needs and those of the restaurant, and introduces feature of the day.
- Keeps hostess area stocked and clean, e.g., to-go items and bakery products.
- Handles incoming telephone calls immediately, and takes to go orders as appropriate.
- Maintains proper supply of clean menus.
- Periodically supplies customers with initial beverage suggestions and provides beverages order and refills.
- Assists service personnel in cleaning and setting tables.
- Resolves complaints as he/she becomes aware of them, notifying the manager of any complaints received.
- Assists other service personnel as needed.
- Customer are greeted and seated in order which they arrive in a pleasant and courteous manner following company timing standards. Guest check transactions are handles properly, such that register totals balance at the end of the shift.
- Must be able to observe and differentiate between monetary denominations.
- Ability to communicate with guests.
- Flexible and reliable
- Team player.
- Must have sufficient mobility to move and/or operate in work area.
- Must be able to observe and ensure product is prepared and presented to company requirements.
- Must meet any state, county or municipal regulation pertaining to health risk concerns about food handling
Posting ID: 679463836 Posted: 2021-11-13 Job Title: Host / Hostess