OVERVIEW OF POSITION
This position with General Manager's guidance is responsible to support all elements of day-to-day operations; including increasing sales, meeting profit objectives, execution of new program, and ensuring guest satisfaction. Other duties may be assigned.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In conjunction with the General Manager, supports the General Manager in the development of restaurant operating plans supportive of company and market strategies which will achieve business growth (sales and profit) and guest satisfaction.
- Works closely with General Manager to plan schedules, analyzes unit's staffing needs, and ensuring appropriate development and training is provided to all employees.
- Exercises discretion in addressing changing demands of the business.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared and served in accordance with Brand Standards.
- Supports General Manager with maintaining proper inventory levels for both food and nonfood items in accordance with company guidelines using correct ordering procedures and efficient usage and yield application.
- Ensures guest satisfaction through directing operational execution of proper service in a clean and pleasant environment. Makes changes to the operation as necessary to ensure guest satisfaction. Enforces Brand Standards service requirements.
- Investigates customer feedback, coordinates response and provides guidance to management and employees to improve customer service.
- Responsible to maintain and up hold all Brand’s Corporate Brand Standards, Recipe standards and best practices in our restaurants.
- Responsible to maintain and up hold compliance with all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations in our restaurants.
- Ensures that proper management procedures and practices for the facility and equipment are adhered to through preventive maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security measures, and that safety and sanitation requirements are met. Meets all food safety standards.
- Embodies, promotes and teaches Company values and policies at all times in all aspects of restaurant operations, with a strong focus on Safety.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of restaurant management. Supports the General Manager in the recruitment, interviewing, and selection process of hourly employees. Maintains accurate and complete paperwork relating to restaurant and personnel administrative requirements.
- With guidance of General Manager, responsible for the controllable expenses focusing on labor standard, cash, R & M, food costs, and other operating expenses. Understands financial reports and supports the General Manager in the development and implementation plans for areas needing improvement.
- Maintains awareness of local market trends, competitive stance and opportunities. Works closely with General Manager to select and implement appropriate local restaurant marketing programs, with assistance and guidance from the District Manager and field support representatives.
- Creates and maintains a positive work environment, ensuring open communications. Communicates employee relations issues or problems to the District Manager and Human Resources. Administers disciplinary process according to established procedures.
- Demonstrates commitment to a high level of service and hospitality. Responds to concerns and complaints in a professional and non-defensive manner.
- Influences supervisors, subordinates and peers effectively. Manages disagreements and conflicts in an open, constructive and timely manner.
- Strong leadership skills and high level of flexibility is required.
HOSPITALITY & GUEST SERVICE SKILLS
All employees are expected to provide customer service that is extra ordinary and exceeds the expectations of our guests. Employees are required to follow established policies and guidelines that go beyond simply smiling, greeting, and being nice to guests. Going above and beyond encompasses attitudes, respect, and flexibility. Employees are expected to have a positive “can-do” attitude; to treat others with respect; and easily adjust to changes in the work place.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed within are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Strong knowledge of restaurant’s operations. Ability to successfully provide day to day results. Ability to evaluate and positively impact the environment. Ability to provide on-the-job training for others. Adequate presentation skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsible for between 15 - 50 subordinates. This number will be determined by restaurant volume.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma and 3-5 years of management experience. College degree preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic computer skills are required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business literature. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work 50 – 55 hours per week. The employee is required to walk and/or stand 85% of the time. The employee is required to sit up to 15% of the time. The employee must be able to talk, hear, and have the ability to use both hands, feel, taste and smell. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.