Summary: The Assembly Specialist at Custom Interface, Inc. follows work instructions and reads schematic drawings to build and test cable assemblies and wire harnesses.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Check parts and address discrepancies in assembly work kit.
- Identify needed tools and check out from tooling department. Return when finished.
- Machine assembly- set up and operate Crimping, Splicing and Wire Cut/Stripping machines.
- Perform or receive In Process Quality Inspections of work.
- Maintain records and documentation as required.
- Comply with the safety policy and procedures.
- Comply with the employee policies and procedures.
- All reports and paperwork are completed on or before due dates.
- Team members, management, and employees are satisfied with the response, support and professional treatment they receive.
- Quality of work is defect free and built in accordance to the work instructions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Read schematic drawings accurately and interpret critical specifications.
- Exhibit basic math skills to convert fractions to decimals in both the Metric and U.S. Standard scales.
- Ability to sufficiently read and write in the English language to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Ability to follow complex verbal directions.
- Use hand, pneumatic and electrical power tools to assemble components.
- Must be able to gain & retain certification in English IPC 620 and IPC 610 as required.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel computer programs.
- Vision equal to or corrected to 20/20 on a Snellen Eye Chart.
- Ability to differentiate between colors.
- Work 8 – 10 hours per day in a standing and/or sitting position.
- Eye/hand coordination to satisfactorily manipulate small parts/objects.
ITAR Requirements: Custom Interface, Inc. manufactures defense articles and provides services using technical data that is controlled under International Traffic in Arms Regulations, as set by the U.S. State Department. This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Working Conditions: Custom Interface’s facility is a manufacturing environment where temperature variations exist from opening doors to the outside environment, smoke particulates from soldering and other manufacturing operations frequently occur and there are occasionally noise levels that require hearing protection.
Equal Opportunity: Custom Interface is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given equal consideration regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.