Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445
JOIN TARGET AI AS A SR AI SCIENTIST – SUPPLY CHAIN OPTIMIZATION
Join Target AI team where you can help us define and shape what the future of retail would look like. Let’s mine the right data to derive actionable insights that drive value across the global enterprise! In Target’s hyper-growing Data Science and AI team, the Sr AI Scientist will contribute as follows:
- Anticipates future business needs and identifies opportunities for complex analysis
- Gathers and analyzes data to solve and address highly complex business problems and evaluate scenarios to make predictions on future outcomes and support decision making
- Designs and drives the creation of new standards and best practices in the use of statistical data modeling, big data and optimization tools for Target
Use your skills, experience and talents to contribute to groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr AI Scientist, you’ll take the lead as you:
- Realize solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, and machine learning/deep learning techniques and statistics
- Deploy data-science and technology-based algorithmic solutions to address business needs
- Produce large scale implementations of: Linear, Non-Linear and Generalized Linear models and their extensions, including Hierarchical and Bayesian variants; Survival models; Spatial and Time-series models; Machine Learning algorithms such as Neural Networks; Support Vector Machines and so on.
- M.S in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Operations Research or related quantitative field
- 3+ years of experience deploying algorithms in a production environment
- Strong engineering mindset and exposure to software engineering principles, Agile methodologies, data engineering, distributed systems and ML at scale
- Experience designing algorithms for a relevance system such as forecasting, search, personalization, etc.
- Proficient in one or more of Python, Java, C, C++ and deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch, Tensorflow and Keras
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why work with us at Target?
- You will work directly on the AI problems that have the most impact on Target's entire supply chain, forecasting and merchandising.
- We love open source! Many of our team members contribute to open source communities and get to do it during work time. We try to contribute back to our communities where we can and are grateful to be able to open source some of our own projects!
- We value diversity. We believe that diversity and inclusion is of core importance when try to create positive in-store experiences for our guests, and we think it is also critically important when building our teams. Read more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion
- We value our team members for who they are, not just what they can get done. We treat out team members like people, not like cogs in a machine. We are parents, hobbyists, enthusiasts, family members, and community members, and can offer flexibility to our team members' schedules and work arrangements so that they can flourish both inside and outside of work.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.