Multi-Color is one of the largest and most awarded label companies in the world, servicing segments such as Home & Personal Care, Food & Beverage, Wine & Spirits and Consumer Durables. A true global leader, our state-of-the-art facilities operate in over 26 countries.
Our 10,000+ employees are guided by our core values: Integrity, Passion, Creativity, Perseverance and Achievement. These values constantly guide our interactions and decision making at Multi-Color!
Join us today!
Material Handler provides consistent and timely support to the company, more specifically, to production as it relates to warehouse and production duties. An ideal candidate is someone with a solid warehouse work experience, strong communication skills, good attendance, and a desire to grow their career with us! Must be able to communicate, verbal and electronically, interact well with others and input data into the computer using a keypad. Stays focused and follows instructions with the determination to meet deadlines. Work independently with an attention to detail and handle multiple priorities.
· Comply with all company and safety policies and procedures
· Processes all inbound & outbound shipments including but not limited to sorting, logging and delivering material.
· Verifies packing slips from supplier with MCC purchase order; checks for correct quantity, information, and hidden damage.
· Assist with unloading receivables from trucks to storage area.
· Maintain an accurate inventory of material.
· Operates forklift.
· Obtains material from warehouse.
· Assist with distributing received items to appropriate department.
· Takes materials to presses as needed for job orders.
· Obtains unused material from presses and other parts of facility.
· Ensures materials are properly located and maintained.
· Performs manufacturing related housekeeping.
· Perform inventory of all stored materials and finished products.
· Provides information to Supervisor regarding non-conformance.
· Assists in responses to requests for tracing of missing raw materials.
· Maintains skids, stores in appropriate location.
· Participation in department meetings, process improvement events, training, and safety program as scheduled and required.
· Responsible for working overtime when needed and as assigned.
· Regular and predictable attendance.
· Related duties as assigned.
· High school education or equivalent required
· Warehouse experience strongly desired
· Strong attention to detail
· Forklift experience is a must
· Ability to communicate and interact well with others (verbally and written form); seen as a team player
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and carry up to 20 feet (frequently); ability to lift up to 75 lbs. and carry up to 10 feet (occasionally)
· Ability correctable to 20/20 (able to pass an eye test)
· Ability to differentiate colors (able to pass a color test)
· Ability to pass company testing standards (Bennett Mechanical and Wonderlic)
· Ability to input data in the computer
· Self-motivated with the ability to stay focused and follow instructions
· Ability to prioritize
· Ability to withstand routine and repetitive work
· Ability to stand for long periods of time (up to 12 hour shifts)
· Must be able to relate to, work with, and influence as needed, people at all levels of the organization
· Assertive and solution-focused
· Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment
· Positive attitude, team player
Physical and/or Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to:
Wear hearing, foot, eye and/or other personal protective equipment while in a manufacturing setting
Frequently stand for long periods, walk, stoop, bend, crouch, and kneel.
Frequently sit, turning head left and right to view 180 degrees behind self
Frequently ascend and descend a height of 18 inches from the floor
Regularly use hands and fingers to handle, feel, grasp, and reach for items, and use a keyboard to communicate through written means
Consistently push or pull objects up to 40 pounds
Periodically lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds
Vision abilities include – close, distance, and peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to distinguish color variations, and ability to adjust focus.
Medium to loud noise environment
Work flexible/varying schedules and hours as needed
Work overtime as required by workload and customer mandated deadlines
We are an EOE, and Drug-Free workplace. All finalist candidates will be required to pass certain pre-employment requirements.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation in applying, please contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).